Former Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson is refusing to be outdone by his former network, and his recent revelation is likely causing some concern among his previous employers.
Taking a page from the playbook of the individual who previously occupied his weeknight 8 PM slot, Bill O’Reilly, when he was ousted from Fox News, Tucker is launching his own independent news service on his website, which will operate on a subscription-based model.
“Hey, it’s Tucker Carlson. We’ve been out of work for 7 or 8 months now, hard to know. Time flies when you’re unemployed, but actually, we have been working in secret and producing an awful lot of material for months now, interviews, etc. And all of it has found its way to TuckerCarlson.com,” he said in a video on X, formerly Twitter.
He then went on to explain how it’s a part of a much bigger vision.
“We’re launching a brand new thing very soon, and we’d love for you to see it. So go to TuckerCarlson.com to see it first,” he said.
Carlson has finally opened up about what he thinks led to his departure from his role as the host of his show on the network.
Known for consistently dominating his competition in the ratings, Carlson’s abrupt removal from his show left many shocked and sparked outrage among numerous fans.
In a recent interview on Roseanne Barr’s podcast, the former Fox News host shared insights into what he believes might have prompted Fox News to part ways with him.
“I didn’t expect to get, you know, my show canceled Monday morning,” he said. “But I wasn’t, if I took three steps back, I was not surprised at all. First of all, television is like that. People get fired. There are all kinds of lines that no one will explain explicitly.”
“They were very nice to me the entire time I was there, but I could feel that they strongly disagreed in the war in Ukraine stuff,” he said. “But they really didn’t like that at all. The January 6th stuff.”
On his show, Carlson suggested the possibility that federal agents were among the crowd on January 6 and played a role in inciting the riot. While there is no factual evidence to support this claim, Carlson maintains his belief in this theory.
“I think a bunch of people quit over that,” he said. “Chris Wallace should not be on television or Jonah Goldberg or you know what I mean? These are people who obviously the audience hated and shouldn’t have been there in the first place, but they were so outraged because they said. You know, it seems like there probably a lot of feds in the crowd on January 6th.”
In November, Carlson generated headlines with a bold forecast regarding the 2024 presidential campaign. Expressing doubt that President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump would go head-to-head again, Carlson characterized Biden as “senile,” emphasizing that it was not intended to be cruel but a factual observation. He further remarked on Trump facing numerous charges across four distinct indictments, while Biden appeared to be losing ground to Trump in polling.
“Take the opponent out of the race, and they’re still losing,” he noted. “So, I mean, I don’t know what’s going to happen. This is not going to be a race between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. I would bet my beloved fishing camp in Maine that that is not going to happen. That’s not going to happen.”
“So what will happen?” he asked. “Well, I don’t know. One of, like, 400 distinct other possibilities… pick one.”
But there was one thing that Tucker was particularly worried about…
“If it’s Gavin Newsom,” he stated, “we should be very, very concerned. That guy’s scary, and I mean it. I mean it. Scary. But that’s a whole separate conversation.”
“These issues will be forced,” he said. “Soon. Like, in a year. And the road from here to November 2024 is going to be filled with developments nobody in this room could foresee; I can promise you that. So, it’s about to get very serious, for sure. Only the leadership of the world is at stake, which is also, by the way, we now know, the most lucrative possible franchise in human history.”